We’ve been excited to see so many new faces joining us in the jungles of Rising Storm 2: Vietnam over the weekend. We’ve been dropping into games with many of you as well as siphoning up your chatter in the forums and social media!
Our primary goal right now is sorting through those items, prioritizing and actioning them. This does not mean we will be able to get to everything, and you can find out more about the “Life and Death of a Bug” here
. If you would like to help us find and squash these bugs over the life of the game you can see how the QA team likes posts structured and the information they find most useful in the forums: http://steamcommunity.com/app/418460/discussions/1/208684375413802743/
We are also focusing in on user reports of crashes (please send in those BugSplat reports and be sure to include your email in the report!) as well as trying to narrow down performance issues that are being flagged up. We are gathering as much information as we can on that front in the bug section of the forums here (http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791441057506/announcements/detail/1300821320426748904
) . We did notice that one of our more frequent crashes was users attempting to run the game with sub-DX 11 hardware. If you don’t know that you are one of those users check the BugSplat report that is generated. A message letting you know that you do not have DX 11 hardware will be displayed in the BugSplat crash report.
Some other specific bugs we are working on fixing (or have already fixed) for the next beta are:
- Enemy Spotted indicator not saving the Z coordinates
- Many collision/geometry issues reported by the community in CB 7 (invisible walls, doors with no collision, hills that were not climbable that should have been and more)
- Smoke grenades not spreading on the ground properly
- A case where players would not hear the gunfire that killed them
- Bullet cracks have been found and returned
- Overhead maps (and some menus) overblown lighting is being looked into
- Players killed in the character customization menu have recovered their limbs
- Grenade impact sounds not attenuating close enough
- Web Admin - MultiAdmin permissions not being properly granted
And a big THANK YOU once again to all those who have helped us test the game. Closed beta wave 7 has ended and work has already started on targeted fixes in preparation for the next beta. And as a reminder, if you haven’t yet filled out the survey for wave 7, please do so now: http://rs2vietnam.com/survey/
As taken of Steam.